Moms are often the ones responsible for their families health. What things are you doing right now to boost immunity of your family?
How many have been sick this Winter already? How many kids are sick at school? What are you doing about it?
We have to be pro-active! With the state of our healthcare system, we have to do what we can in our homes to stay well and not depend on our doctors and healthcare providers. As mothers we need to empower each other, support each other and do what we can in our homes, schools, and work.
What is worse than holding your sick baby or child?? How powerless do you feel? In those moments you feel like you would do ANYTHING to take away their pain. We feel like we are at the mercy of doctors, we call, we listen, we give our children whatever we can get our hands on. We trust that it’s good for them. What are the side effects?
What if you could prevent that illness? What if you had an arsenal of tools at home to cope with illness. If you had something to turn to you wouldn’t feel so helpless. Yo would feel empowered. This is what essential oils will do for you.
I have some other suggestions for being proactive this winter and boosting your family’s immunity. There are definitely more and you might have some you want to share. I love natural health and wellness. I will share my top 5 tops for boosting the immune system. These will be in no order because it’s too hard to say what I value most. They all are equally important.
If you are doing none of these things… don’t try to do it all! Just like in coaching women and mothers in fitness and nutrition. I never suggest to do everything all at once. You can’t go on a strict diet and follow an hour a day workout routine at 5am every day. You will fail. Start small. Do what’s realistic and manageable. As one routine starts to feel like it’s part of your being, move to another. You cannot begin using all the essential oils at once. It’s completely overwhelming. Start with 2 or 3 ways you are going to use them daily. Once it’s comfortable start using more, start reading and researching. Most importantly you must stay consistent with your routines. Just like diet and exercise, if you aren’t consistent it doesn’t work!
Okay, here we go….
- Nutrition- this sounds simple! Eat your fruits and veggies, drink water, cut sugar. REALLY! Cut the SUGAR!!!
Sugar destroys the immune system! Regular consumption of sugar can weaken your immune system enough to fight off infections. Sugar also interferes with the absorption of vitamin C in the blood cells. We need that vitamin C to fight viruses and infections.
Sugar is in EVERYTHING! Stay away from packaged foods, sugar is almost always hidden in packaged and processed foods.
Eat clean and fresh fruits and veggies! Keep fruit cut to snack on. Pack it in kids lunches. Eat leafy greens and other greens every night/
Hydrate! Drink water! Half your body weight in water per day. Water helps with energy, dry skin, removing toxins from the body. Eliminate other sugary drinks and limit alcohol! Yep. Said it.
- Supplements- doTERRA has the highest quality supplements. The science and the studies are there. If you are buying drug store vitamins you have no idea what synthetics are in your vitamins and no idea how many synthetics are in your vitamins. How much are you absorbing? doTERRA supplements are bio available and in whole food based. Research your vitamins and supplements ahead of time. Buy from a company you trust. doTERRA is the largest essential oil company in the world. I trust the quality of their products. LIfe Long Vitality Supplement pack is the best selling doTERRA product.
- Alpha CRS – cellular vitality, cellular energy, supports healthy tissues, organs, cellular reproduction. Protects our cells from toxic stress and inflammation. Fights free radicals in the cells, supports healthy mitochondria, healthy immune function, mental clarity. Contains botanical extracts and antioxidants like grape seeds, turmeric, milk thistle, coenzyme Q10, l-carnitine.
- xEO Mega- healthy fatty acids. Marine and land sourced omegas. Healthy balance of Omega 3 and 6. EPA, DHA, vitamin D and vitamin E for functions of the brain, joints, muscles, and cardiovascular health. We often do not get these crucial fats in our diets. Also contains 9 essential oils.. Clove, frank, thyme, cumin, wild orange, peppermint, ginger, caraway and german chamomile.
- MicroPlex VMz- Food Nutrient. This is your multi. Blend of bioavailable 22 vitamins and minerals A, C, E, B vitamins. Also calcium, magnesium, zinc.
If you do not take supplements and feel like you could use more energy, relief from pain, less stress, mental clarity, and overall wellness… money back guarantee on these supplements. Game changer. What do you spend money on? Why not invest in your total health and wellness with quality supplements. Learn more about Life Long Vitality Supplements here.
4. Probiotics- are crucial to better health and strong immune system. They can treat digestive issues, mental health, neurological disorders, asthma, skin conditions. Etc. They are healthy bacteria in your digestive tract that support your body’s ability to absorb nutrients and fight infections.
60-80% of your immune system is located in your gut.
Benefits of probiotics
- Boost the immune system
- Improve digestive functions
- Reduce flu and colds
- Lower cholestorol
- Improve acne and skin disorders
- Lose weight
doTERRA PB Assist contains six strains of probiotic microorganisms. 6 billion active cultures- encourage friendly bacterial growth. Take 2-3 daily with food.
Kids PB assist Junior– children’s version of PB assist probiotic in a yummy powder form!
5. Vitamin D- the majority of us are deficient in D. We get vitamin D from sun exposure. 20 minutes per day to get the sufficient vitamin D needed. Vitamin D is crucial to our immune system, healhty bones, brain and nervous system. It regulates our insulin levels and supports the function of our lungs and cardiovascular systems. What about the winter months? We severely lack sun exposure. We should especially suppliment D in the winter months. Children given 1,200 International Units of vitamin D per day for 4 months during the winter reduced their risk of influenza A infection by over 40 percent.
Although there is some debate, most experts currently believe that the best form of vitamin D supplement to take is vitamin D3. The vitamin D counsel recommends 1,000IU per 25 lbs of body weight per day for children and 5,000 IU daily for adults. 10,000 IU being the most. You can visit the Vitamin D Council at https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/how-do-i-get-the-vitamin-d-my-body-needs/
- Essential Oils – doTERRA’s On Guard Preventative Blend.- THE oil of Winter.
- If you do nothing else… start using On Guard oil daily.
- Applied use- roller bottle to the bottoms of the feet
- On Guard beadlets– 1-2 daily
- Diffuse On Guard and lemon or anotehr citrus oil at home, school work! , clean with it.
- If experienceing symptoms- Use LOOM- Lemon, On Guard, Oregano, Lemon. Apply to bottoms of feet or take internally in a veggie cap. (2 drops of each, 2x per day). Oregano is the strongest natural antibiotic!
- Hand Washing- Wash, wash, wash! Most of us know this! We use On Guard foaming hand wash.
- Rest. Sleep is super important for the function of our immune system. Not getting enough sleep has been linked to a laundry list of mental and physical health problems, including those that stem from an impaired immune system. Especially when it comes to our children we need to be sure they are getting proper rest to fight off infections. School ages children should be getting an average of 9-11 hours of sleep per night. Adults should be getting 7-9 hours of sleep per night. How many hours is your family getting??
Need help with sleep? Serenity Essential oil is my go-to for a good nights rest. Includes lavendar, cedarwood, vetiver, Ylang, Ylang, Roman Chamomile, and Sandalwood. All oils that support restful sleep. This oil can be diffused at the bedside, or can be applied behind the ears and at the wrists, or dabbed on the pillows. We use this oil every evening! Kids are sleeping within minutes and it will assist with staying asleep.
Serenity also comes in softgel form if you are relying on sleep aids. A gentle and natural solution to getting restful sleep!